I didn't realize how hard blogging is going to be now that I'm back to work 3X a week. I miss it so much. I miss looking at other people's blogs as well.
What's new with my boys?
Let's start with Super LJ! That's what he likes to call himself. He truly has grown so much. I can't believe that my son (3 years, 4 months) is wearing size 5T clothing! His 3T jeans are all high waters on him now. I had to do some major shopping for him, which I love to do. He has been talking in full sentences for a while now and would sometimes use "big words" like dilemma, catastrophe and situation. Do you see a pattern with his word use? It all involves getting himself in mischief! We're teaching him to care for his toys and books. Last week, he managed to have what seemed like WWIII in his room. All of his stuffed animals, trains, wood blocks, musical instruments, you name it and he had them all out on the floor in his room. I could barely walk in there. The minute he saw the look on my face, he quickly ran to me and said, "Mama, I have a dilemma. You wanna help me clean my room. It's messy." I had to remind him of our rule of playing with just a few toys at a time, NOT every single piece of toy he owns. But how can I get upset with such cute face?
We also recently just allowed him to start playing with the Wii sports/Fit, the only video game we own. We love it because he doesn't just sit in front of the TV, he literally moves. He loves running, baseball and tennis. I couldn't believe that he can run close to 3 miles on the Wii fit. Today at the park, he actually made his dad run around the park with him, I mean my boy was running non-stop for about 30 minutes! Am I thankful that he loves to be active!
You want to know what I love most about this boy of mine? It's when he comes up to me and surprises me with the things he says. Here's what he's told me lately:
--"Mom, you saved the day!" very random but he says this to me at least once a day.
--"I miss you, Mama" (whenever I come home from work)
--"I love you, Mama" is always a winner.
--"Thank you, Mama or Thanks, Mom"
--"Mama, you're my best friend." He has been saying this to me and Leo lately and it just melts my heart.
--"It's yummy in my tummy, Mom!" when he likes something that I prepared for him to eat.
--"Where are we going today Mom?" Every singled day, he asks either his dad or I this question, no fail.
--Tonight, as I was putting him to bed, he gave me the biggest hug and the sloppiest kiss, touched my hair and said, "I like your hair Mama. You have pretty hair. It smells goooood....mmmm..." I could have pinched those cheeks and kiss him non-stop.
Lucas who is now a little over 10 months is just too stinking cute. His smiles just lights up the room and puts a smile on my face instantly. He takes after his dad who also loves to smile. His two front bottom teeth are out and the top two front teeth are about to erupt any day now, which means he is drooling constantly. He loves to eat solids but is still being breast fed. He adores Cheerios. He can't get enough of that stuff. I can't get enough of that stuff! It is such a life saver for me. He is also very active himself. For about a month now, he's been holding on to furnitures, tables, our legs to stand and taking steps. He also has this push toy (see pictures) that he practices to walk on. Today at the park, he was pushing, dragging and lifting that thing around. I also must say that since Christmas, he discovered his left thumb. He loves sucking on that thumb whenever he gets upset or wants to go to sleep. I don't know whether to be happy or worry about it. LJ never sucked his thumb.
My 10 month old by the way is now wearing clothes for 18 months old. I can't believe how big my baby is! He adores his big brother and would follow him around despite the older one not being nice to him all the time. The reason, he loves to play with his older brother's toys. LJ can make this boy giggle at a snap of a finger.
Day At The Park





















5 comments:
Mary Anne!
I'm always thrilled when I see your blog name roll up on my favorites! I know when I get here that I'll not only be greeted by that song which I will forever associate with you, but a wonderful story about you, Leo, and the boys! They are adorable, and those cute, cute faces! I loved reading LJ's comments to you... how sweet is he? And I laughed about the "situation" and "We have a dilemna." LOL!
Thanks for sharing this with us. Miss you, but I fully understand what is happening in your life and applaud it! :-)
Be blessed...
XO,
Sheila
UGH! This just kills me. They're both so much bigger and 'grown' than when I left in September. Tell them to STOP until I get back in April!!!! Miss you all!
Hi! I love your site. I have three boys and, last, a girl. I feel very blessed and I am inspired by your love of the Lord and dedication to your family. Your family is adorable. Enjoy!
Hi! I love your site. I have three boys and, last, a girl. I feel very blessed and I am inspired by your love of the Lord and dedication to your family. Your family is adorable. Enjoy!
Mary Anne,
If you wanted to make a friend you sure said the right thing to me!! Thank you for the compliment. I know I shouldn't be so excited about a compliment about my appearance, but I just couldn't help it:)! Seriously, thank you for the comments. I love my family so much and I'm so happy that I am healthy enough to enjoy them fully. And, by the way, you are soo cute and so is your family!
Post a Comment