Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I had been thinking about starting an online journal for a while now. I love to write but as my journal title states, I have 2 boys. Journaling is such a luxury for me right now. Time just seems to fly and I never have enough of it to do luxury things. But this very reason is what compelled me to go ahead and give journaling online a try. Time just flies...and I would love to capture important events in my life here.

Also,
I've been thinking about ME a bit more lately. I'm happily married to the man of my dreams, Leo. I'm currently a stay at home mom to my almost 3 year old son, LJ and 3 month old Lucas...but sometimes I feel like that's all that I am, a mommy. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother. It's one of the most rewarding and fulfilling roles I'll ever have the privilege of being in my life. But there's a girl inside of me who would love to continue to explore the things I love and have passion for. I used to have a lot more dimension to me, I used to be so many things...

A book lover, avid reader
A terrific cook
A registered nurse
A dancer
A cheerleader
A fast driver
A workout queen
A "shop til you drop" girl
An amature sewer
A dancing queen
A fashionista
A shoe fanatic
A bride
A bridesmaid (5 times!)
A go-to friend for "great deals"
An avid traveler
A home improvement nutso
An HGTV/food network fanatic

And the list goes on and on...most of those girls are still inside me yearning to come out. But the girl I miss the most is this one:

A dedicated reader of the word of God.

I still manage to have my word time here and there but not like I used to. I used to just curl up with my bible and read non-stop. Now, I have to fit it in between changing diapers, making meals, breastfeeding etc. That's one of the desires of my heart is to have more time with my God, the lover of my soul, my Jesus.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mary anne,
it's nice to see you guys again in the pictures. the boys are really keeping you busy. i love the story you wrote about you and leo. i'm happy that you are closer to god that's why he's giving you a lot and special blessing ( leo, lj and lucas). we hope to see you guys soon. lj was so big now and he looks like you when your young. i'm happy for you guys. god bless

tita inday

maryanne420 said...

thanks tita inday! tita nene and tito benjie were here last week. they saw the kids. did you know that bernard lives here now!