Friday, June 27, 2008

The Beginning

I thought that I'd post on here how Leo and I met. We met in college when I was 20 and he was 21. He played in the basketball team and I was in the cheerleading/dance squad. It was actually one of his teammates (6'7") who asked me out first. But God intervened and Leo was very persistent. We tease each other all the time about this but according to me, Leo pursued me but according to him I pursued him. But in all honesty, he would get out of his class and wait for me outside of mine. He used to walk me to my classes while carrying my books. Eventually he transferred to Virginia to continue playing college basketball and I finished to get my Bachelor's degree in Nursing. We continued to keep in touch through the years and when the Lord saw fit, we were brought back into each other's lives again!

Many years later, he wised up! and proposed to me. He enlisted my best friend, Monica, to help him. He was living in Austin, TX at the time and I was living in Walnut Creek, CA. He flew out to CA without me knowing to propose where we first met, our college. Meanwhile, my friend asked me to drive up to our old college so, according to her, she can get a copy of her transcripts to get into graduate school. When we got up to the campus, she all of a sudden said she had to go back to the car because she forgot something. I was browsing through the different brochures at the Campus Center, when all of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder while this person asked, "Excuse me miss, didn't I meet you here 10 years ago?" I was in shock. I couldn't believe that he was there! I kept hitting him and finally he got down on his knees and asked me "the question". People were watching us from the balcony but I was just lost in the moment. Monica, I'm so thankful, was hiding taking pictures of the whole thing.

Here's pics of me and Leo the day he proposed to me!









No comments: