Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My poor blog! It's been a while since I last posted. My family and I went to San Francisco Bay Area for Thanksgiving. We had such a wonderful time. It's always nice to see family and to witness my boys make memories with them, especially with their grandmothers.


I realize this is late but I wanted to make sure that I do write down what I'm thankful for.

What I'm thankful for:

1. My relationship with Jesus--I am so thankful to know that no matter what happens around me, I can always rely on my relationship with Jesus! He gets me through the toughest of the toughest times. He constantly reminds me, "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

2. My husband--Am I thankful to God for him! When I was single, I loved reading this verse, "But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." I prayed that God would bless me with a husband who is:
--compassionate
--gracious
--slow to anger (Leo is the most patient man I know!)
--abounding in love
--faithful
What a gracious God I serve for he delivered on his promise. I married God's best for me!

3. My healthy children--I am so thankful for my boys. Every time I look at them, I am reminded of God's unfailing love for me! Who am I that you are mindful of me? What a privilege it is to be entrusted my two boys. I pray everyday that I am raising God-fearing boys who will love and seek Jesus with all their hearts, mind and might.

4. For my family's health--It's amazing how as I get older, wealth material things get lower and lower in importance on my list. This year has been an extra tough one. I'm truly thankful that God spared me the agony and gave me a clean bill of health! One day, I will write a post on what I went through and how God got me through it.

5. My spiritual family--Living in Los Angeles is tough! Everyday, you face some kind of a spiritual attack. That's just how this city is. But am I thankful for our spiritual family! In this very dark city, there are people who live lives on fire for God. I'm so thankful for our Pastor and his wife, for being such examples to my family and others. You look at their children and you truly see fruit in their lives.

There's so much more that I'm thankful for but these are the main ones. God has been so good!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Psalm 100:4-5


3 comments:

BethAnne said...

I think you and I have so much in common (even though I'm the country cousin and you are the city cousin ;-).......I wish we were neighbors!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Maryanne, welcome back! We're missed you so much. And I love what you had to say today.

I hope you know what a witness you are to others and such an encourager. I cannot believe that you've been relying on that scripture about God's plans to prosper us because that is a scripture the Lord put on my heart for us! I've clung to it through some tough times, and I know that God has his best for all of us who love Him. I'm so thankful I met you. You are a precious lamb of God, and I'm thankful He has given you the desires of your heart and pray that blessings continue to abound in your life!

Sending much love in Jesus to you and yours.

XO,

Sheila

In His Army said...

I loved reading this--so wonderful and reading the things that you are thankful for--ypur posts are always refreshing!