Sunday, December 21, 2008

Remember Me?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a quick note. I had been bombarded with so much. First, I returned back to work earlier this week. I was very nervous as I haven't worked in soooo long. Once there, I was quickly reminded why I chose Pediatric Nursing as my career. I didn't realize how much I missed my co-workers, taking care of patients and encouraging the families. Don't get me wrong, I was aching for my boys every minute I was away from them but I also love what I do. I had the privilege of taking care of this 12 year old little boy who has a brain tumor and had a bone marrow transplant done. I say privilege because what amazing faith he and his family displayed. His father had his bible open the whole time he was there and whenever he is not right next to his son, he is sitting in the chair next to his bed and reading the word of God. This sweet boy was in so much discomfort from all of the side effects he got from the chemo he received but I got to pray for him and over him during all the difficult procedure we had to do. I pray that God uses me in any way He chooses while I'm at work. I also pray that my heart wouldn't ache so much when I'm away from my boys 3 days a week (this includes my husband).

Second, my younger sister is getting married on December 26 (her birthday). I'm in the wedding so it's been so chaotic. We'll be in San Francisco for Christmas and her wedding.

I miss blogging but so much came up these last few weeks. I pray that all my blogging friends have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year! May we all remember what and who we're celebrating. I want to leave you with one of my favorite passages in he bible. I will see you all in 2009!


Luke 2:8-20

The Shepherds and the Angels

  • 8.
  • And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
  • 9.
  • An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
  • 10.
  • But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
  • 11.
  • Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
  • 12.
  • This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
  • 13.
  • Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
  • 14.
  • "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
  • 15.
  • When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
  • 16.
  • So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.
  • 17.
  • When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,
  • 18.
  • and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
  • 19.
  • But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
  • 20.
  • The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Of course we remember you! You are unforgettable, Mary Anne! :-)

Here's wishinng you and yours a lovely, lovely Christmas! Much love to you, precious friend, and those patients are SO blessed to have you ministering to them.

XO,

Sheila :-)

In His Army said...

I am so moved by your story and the way God is using and will continue to use you. What an awesome and rewarding career. I am working with a client right now that is a pediatric nurse in the intensive care unit at Children's Hospital and I constantly think about how good it must feel to help children and their families. Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year! Congrats to your sister!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mary Anne -- I dropped by today to tell you that I hope you and your precious family have a very Merry Christmas! I've missed you, but I know you are busy with the things of life! You are such a special lady with such deep insight for one so young, and I feel blessed in every sense of that word to know you. You are precious and dear!

Merry Christmas!

xo,

Sheila :-)

In His Army said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Blessings of the New Year, Mary Anne, and I hope you have blessings in abundance!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melissa Lester said...

What important and fulfilling work you are doing, both at the hospital and at home. You are just a blessing all the time! Since you are pouring yourself out for others every day, I hope you are also getting time to be refilled.

I hope the wedding turned out well. And did you say your sister was getting married on December 26th, her birthday? My birthday is on December 27th, so I know about December birthdays. She will really be in celebration mode at the holidays! I hope she has a blessed and happy marriage!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved hearing from you! We miss you, but we know that life responsibilities take first place after the Lord! :-) Be blessed, dear friend!

XO,

Sheila