Monday, September 15, 2008

Election Year

Election year! Living in Los Angeles is tough but add election year and it gets really difficult to walk around and hear people impose their beliefs and thoughts on you regardless if you agree or not. This election year is extremely crucial. I've never felt so compelled to make my vote count. The future of our children, of FAMILY is depending heavily on this election. To those of you that reads this, please read up on all the candidates, all the propositions, etc. We can no longer just identify ourselves with a party. We have to educate ourselves and see what lines up with the word of God. No matter the outcome, one thing that's constant and I take comfort in is God will always sit on his throne. He orchestrates everything. He is in control.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing. No sooner are they planted , no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff." Isaiah 40:21-24




"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31




5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Precious children! Thanks for sharing them with us.

And I love this scripture...

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

There's a beautiful song that we sing sometimes in church called "Eagles Wings," and the words are taken from scripture. I find such comfort and joy in them. If you get a chance, "google" it sometime and enjoy.

Thanks for your thoughtful post on the election.

Have a great Thursday,

Sheila

Domestic Executive said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I appreciated your visit and hope maybe you'll make it here for real.

I was interested in your blog about the election which we have been watching with interest from here in New Zealand. They have also just called the general election here so it's going to be a busy November for all of us!

Fabulous pics of your boys.

Julie (aka www.domestic-executive.com)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful babies and thoughts!
There is a battle on for this country for sure.
The future seems so unstable and scary. I am so thankful God is in control and able to protect our precious babies.

Skeller said...

MaryAnne-
What a beautiful blog you have - the colors, the photos, the music ... all wonderful. :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog thru BATW! To answer your question ... I use 2 different cameras: a Canon Rebel xt and a Canon 5D. In the Legoland/Star Wars post, all the photos were taken with the Rebel. The thing that makes the photos "magic" (because, really, ANY camera will let you do amazing things) is Lightroom software. I use it to edit every one of my images.

Blessings, Susan

Gombojav Tribe said...

I live in L.A. too. You're not kidding about this being a rough election year!

My kids the other day started praying for Obama (because they know I don't care for him) that he would become a Christian. I thought their solution was a very mature one! I need to be praying for these candidates more!!

And thanks for sharing the pictures of your adorable children!!!