Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday My Sweet Boy!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given." Isaiah 9:6

Dear LJ,
Three years ago today, Mama and Dad welcomed you to the world at 1:18pm. We were so overjoyed to see you! I've always heard from people that when you see your baby's face for the first time, you just fall in love. Sweet boy, that was the case for me! I saw your face and mama's heart was immediately filled with love for you. Your dad and I couldn't stop thanking the Lord for the gift that he blessed us with, YOU! Immediately, we also dedicated you to the Lord, just like Hannah did when she gave birth to Samuel.

The last three years, Dad and I have enjoyed watching you grow. Oh how time flies! Do you know that everyday, from the day we found out we were going to have you, Dad prayed over my tummy asking God to protect Mama and the precious baby growing in my womb? That's how your father is, so full of faith and love for God, surrendered to Him.

When you were born, do you know that Dad insisted of taking pictures of all your momentous achievements? But really everything you did were worth being recorded that if you so much lifted a finger--click, a picture was taken by him!
.
Do you know that despite my being a Pediatric Nurse, I became alarmed each time you had a sniffle, felt a little warm or had a little cough? I can be calm and collected taking care of the sickest children at the hospital but when it came to you, my first born, I was Mama first and nurse second





Do you know that you have this amazing gift of loving music? At the young age of 9 months, you would proudly lift your hands up high during Praise and Worship at church. This love for music continues to grow each day. Oh how you love playing the drums, piano and guitar! You love it so much that every Sunday, you climb up the stage and see if the P&W team will let you play any of the instruments.


Do you know that Dad and Mama knew you were going to be a loving, caring big brother. The moment you saw your baby brother, Lucas, you just took on the big brother role right away. You're so protective of him, loves playing and entertaining him. You're Mama's big helper!

Do you know that you adore your father so, that everywhere he goes, you go. Oh and I wouldn't have it any other way! Son, you'll see as you grow how great your father's love is for God, through his character, his works, his lifestyle. Oh and I pray that you and your brother will be like him, so on fire for the Lord!
Sweet boy, we have many more memories that Dad and I are looking forward to creating with you. Dad and I pray every night that Jesus will continue to give us the wisdom in raising you and your brother. We pray that we instill in you both the most important thing, loving Jesus with all your heart, mind and soul. Happy 3rd Birthday my sweet boy! You are created for greatness! I love you.

Mama




7 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

Came to you from Debbie on BATW. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful little boy. To dedicate him at the moment of his birth just like Hannah!! I got chills with that one. What faith!
All of God's blessings to this baby on his third birthday and to the entire family in the following years.

Heathahlee said...

What a BEAUTIFUL little boy! Oh, I hope his birthday was a happy one!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday to your precious baby boy! Your pictures of him are adorable, and he is blessed to have a mother like you, Mary Anne.

Here's hoping his special day was filled with sunshine and happiness and that blessings will follow him all the days of his long, happy life. I have no doubt who will be the Lord of his life, and with that type of foundation, he will always have a safe harbor from any storm that might happen to come his way. :-)

The song that's playing on your blog always touches my heart. Thank you for sharing that as well as your faith and family with us.

Hugs,

Sheila

P.S. I left a message for you in the September 17th post. :-)

Bramblemoon Farm said...

He is ADORABLE! Happy Birthday little man:)

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweet baby boy! He looks like he came fresh from heaven full of joy and light. I know you are so proud. Happy birthday to him! Three is such a wonderful age. I hope he enjoys it to the fullest.

Indiana Angel said...

Visiting from BATW. What an adorable little guy you have there!!!

NIKKI NEWS said...

Happy Birthday LJ!

*MaryAnne, that is the sweetest letter to LJ. I know he will appreciate it and love to read it when he gets older. I seriously got teary eyed!

Luv you guys... talk to you sooon!