Monday, August 25, 2008

My Greatest Reward!

Tonight, I did the same bedtime routine with my boys. I got LJ ready for bed and as expected, he asked me to read from his bible. I happily did as I love when he asks to read from that special book of all books he owns.

For a few weeks now, I'd been working on teaching LJ the importance of keeping the word of God hidden in his heart. At the age of almost 3 years old, I'm positive that he doesn't quite get what I'm explaining to him but plant seeds I did. The verse that we'd been working on is Jeremiah 29:11-14. So tonight, after we read the bible, I prompted him to recite the verse, with my help as we'd been doing for a few weeks now. He looked at me and said, "Mama, I say it by myself." He then proceeded to say the verse. You all don't understand how overjoyed this mama was to hear my baby boy say the word of God! I am beyond thrilled that I got him out of his bed to the living room so my husband can hear our first born. If all I can teach my son is to keep the word of God in his heart and mind, I've done my job as a mom.

"My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life." PROVERBS 6:20-23

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." DEUTERONOMY 6:6-9

Stephanie (my friend from Tennessee--if you're reading this), you've inspired me! Thank you for sharing the progress your boys are doing on your blog. One of these days, I will videotape LJ. He gets so shy and silly when he speaks. He reminds me a lot of your Bubba!


Pictures from our trip to Malibu Beach last Friday! Joanie, thanks for coming up with the idea. We had a blast!


Pictures of LJ and his BFF, Sammy


Baby Lucas' first trip to the beach! He did so well. His eyes just absorbed the vastness of the sky and the ocean! What could my baby be thinking? My God is an awesome God!



2 comments:

Patricia said...

yey for LJ :)

Jen May said...

Thanks for linking me on your blog :D I love how you and patricia write about your kid(s)! The photos of the boys on the beach is so cute. I'll give you a call sometime today to see if we could set up a photo session soon!