What's new with LJ?
Our first born has grown like a weed. He will be turning 3 this coming September 20th. I can't believe he will be 3! He is talking up a storm. His vocabulary amazes me everyday. He loves playing musical instruments. He loves the drums and guitars. Every Sunday, he goes up to the stage to see if he can play with the musical instruments. During praise and worship, he just stares at whoever is playing the drums or guitars. I tell you, this boy of ours has the gift of music. He is also VERY active. He loves sports! And guess who loves the fact that he loves sports?!?! He plays baseball and basketball with his dad everyday. As a matter of fact, he has a basketball hoop in his room that he plays with everyday. Which reminds me, maybe I should take it out. Does basketball hoop in the room foster for a nap environment? hhhmmm... Another thing he loves to do is drive his motorized truck. He is sooo good at it now. He can reverse, make u-turns, and he drives really fast. One thing I observed also is he is now remembering who he enjoys playing with. He would talk about his friends when we come home from playdates. One of his best friends is Sammy Rapier. These two look like twins because they both have curly hair and they both love hot wheels. They get so excited when they see each other. LJ constantly asks to go to "Sammy's house". When they get together, they play and fight like brothers.
What's new with baby Lucas?
Our baby boy is now 4 months old and weighed 17 pounds at his doctor's visit 2 weeks ago. He is pure fun. He loves to giggle and makes these sounds that are just so infectious. I can just eat him up! I love that he recognizes I'm his mama. I love that all I have to do is look at him, give him a smile and he gives me one of his grins back. Can you tell this mama is totally smitten? He enjoys playing in his jumperoo. He looks so cute jumping up and down in that thing. He still hates being on his tummy but he's getting better everyday. He's been rolling over and enjoys being on his back and watching people around him. By the way, his hair is now growing back. It's still too early to tell if it's going to be curly like his brother's.
One of my favorite things to witness is how my boys interact with each other. LJ is showing Lucas more affection each day. He goes up to Lucas and hugs him, kisses him and plays with him. I still have to remind him to be gentle as I thought I heard him say to Lucas a few days ago, "I wrestle you, Lucas" the way his dad wrestles with him. I can't wait for my boys to play "rough" together. Did I really just say that?










No comments:
Post a Comment