Little boys are so sweet! My son, LJ, is turning 3 next month. He is a bundle of energy and enthusiasm. He's very inquisitive and loves to explore
everything! His attention for detail truly amazes me. He can see the littlest bug on the floor and scream with delight as though he discovered a treasure!
A few months ago, we visited some friends in Orange County. While we were at this fancy restaurant (don't ask me why we succumbed our 5 kids under 11 and a newborn to this), my LJ started getting antsy. He just kept fidgeting so my friend, Chris, decided to take him out for a walk. When they returned, LJ came running to me saying, "Look, mama, I found my heart for you!". He then handed me this rock that he found while walking. If you look at this rock, it is somewhat shaped like a heart. My friend Chris said that LJ saw the rock on the floor and started screaming "a heart, a heart!". I was so touched by my son wanting to give this rock heart to me. Yesterday, after our lesson, I saw the heart on our bookshelf. LJ took it and started putting it on his chest screaming, "Mama, it's my heart!" I just had to take pictures.






But the gifts and sweetness doesn't stop there! Last Sunday, during praise and worship, he comes up to me and says, "Mama, I got a flower for you." People who saw this were so touched. I was deeply moved. It's amazing how so much love and kindness can come from the littlest acts from this little person. Of course I find out that he picked this flower from the church's garden. I had to gently remind him that we don't pick flowers from the church's garden. It's for everyone to enjoy. "Okay, mama!" he says. Here's a picture of the flower from my son. I pressed it in between the pages of my journal.
"Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right." Proverbs 20:11
1 comment:
Very sweet! We have a almost 3 year old and a 1 year old. I was just talking to my husband about how sweet and funny they are! I never knew children made you smile so much! I found your blog on the CWO blogroll. Very cute blog! I'm new to blogging and am over at: www.virtuouslivingrocks.blogspot.com
Post a Comment