One of my passions is home keeping/decorating. I get so giddy when I get a treasure for so little or no money at all. Hey, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure!
Over the weekend, I discovered that this world of blogging is truly so phenomenal! I mean, where have I been? There's so many women who are naturally gifted in the arena of decorating / home keeping. These women are so creative, talented and so willing to share ideas with their fellow bloggers. I went through so many blogs about decorating and I am now officially hooked! I was so excited that I am now making a list of projects for me to do this summer. Thanks a lot, ladies!
But really, check out these amazing women's blogs. They have fantastic projects for very little to no money at all. And because most of these women have children, there's tons of creative projects that require no sewing, meaning fast, takes very little time. Their homes are beautiful because they're warm and show the women's personalities. What gifted women you all are! Their blogs are located on my "Everything Home" section on the left side of my blog.
In honor of Nester (Nesting Place), I thought I'd post these projects I found about No Sew Window Treatments and Chair Cushions. I am going to be trying these projects soon. I am so excited. I just need to make a trip to the Fabric District and buy tons of fabrics.Ribboned Romans
Confining the embellishment to the edges of this Roman shade keeps the look clean. As the shade is raised, the ribboned edges fall into graceful pleats. We combined several different widths and colors of ribbon. After planning the design, stretch the shade out on a flat surface and glue the ribbons around the outside edges one layer at a time. Allow the ribbons to extend an inch beyond the shade width so they can be folded over and glued to the back for a finished look.

Pleated Glory
Don't let the elegance of these shades discourage you, they're actually super simple to create. Lay out the ribbons first to plan the design, and then glue one layer down first before moving to the next layer.
Tip: Inspect ready-made draperies for crooked seams and fabric flaws before buying. These little imperfections will make embellishing more difficult and the results less professional-looking.

Rickrack Panels
Add drama to a room by hanging tab-top panels embellished with a grid of ribbon and rickrack. Choosing natural colors and textures keeps the boldness of the pattern in check. Measure carefully and plan ahead for proper ribbon placement. Each X design extends from side to side and repeats three times from top to bottom. Glue down all the caramel-color ribbon first, then center and glue on lengths of lime green rickrack. Finish by gluing a large button at each intersection.

Easy Embellishments
For a nicely finished edge, cut the ribbon 1 inch longer than needed, wrap it around the edge of the curtain, and glue it on the back. Finish the look with a button of your choice. We chose a wooden button to complement the camel-color ribbon.
Tip: Before adding embellishments, first press the draperies to remove all wrinkles and creases. Accurate positioning of ribbons and trims will be easier on a smooth surface.

Printed Roman Shade
To widen a Roman shade, cut lengths of striped fabric twice as wide as the desired trim width (ours are 8 inches), press in half the long way, then press the raw edges under 1/8 inch. Glue the pressed edges to the shade, one to the front and one to the back, overlapping slightly. Print letters one per page in your favorite font. For the silverware, check the Internet or clip art books for an image and enlarge it on a photocopier. Put the patterns under the shade and trace in pencil, then outline with black fabric marker and shade as needed. Hang shade and tack the trim to the window.

Fabric Marker Detail
For a perfectly centered and spaced word, start with the center letter, and then add the next one to the right, then to the left, and so on.
Tip: Many ready-made window treatments can be washed, either by hand or in the machine on the gentle cycle, and machine dried. If you are in doubt about the care, opt for hand washing.

Floor-Length Tab-Top Panels
Velvet ribbon in three sherbet shades turns plain white tab-top curtains into an elegant treatment. To create the look, lay out the panels and attach horizontal bands of ribbon with fabric glue. To make the ties at the top, cut the tabs off, then cut six evenly placed, 1-inch horizontal slits across each panel. Finish by cutting V shapes out of the ends of each tie.

Velvet Ribbon Detail
For a fresh and flirty treatment, use high-quality ribbon for bows with body and stripes that stand out.
Tip: Washable fabric glue will be strong enough to withstand a washing machine and will remain clear and flexible.

Space-Conserving Seating
Most apartment living rooms have space for a sofa, coffee table, and maybe a chair -- definitely not enough seating for hosting a group of friends. Solve the problem with fabric-covered cushions that make sitting on the floor not a big deal. When they're not needed, the cushions can be stacked and stowed.
-- Purchase foam cushions of the thickness and size you need.
-- Search remnant piles and discount stores for pretty fabric that matches your decor.
-- Wrap the fabric around the cushion and hot glue in place.










1 comment:
Hi! :) Thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE these window treatment ideas! Hmm..now where to use one of these ideas?! LOL
blessings,
Stacey
Post a Comment